Saturday afternoon Beth and I went to Elegant Nails for the full treatment. I felt like Dorothy in the salon before she entered the Emerald City. One technician was giving me a pedicure and another was giving me a manicure. We had a sea salt rub, a masque and a hot rock massage on our calves and shins. My feet were encased in hot wax. The only time I had second thoughts was when the technician brought out a cheese grater to buff the callouses on my feet. I know my feet got tough in Ghana but seriously?!
When I get back to the US I will find it hard to:
– Use my left hand to give anything to people.
– Go to bed without shaking out my sheets.
– Put toilet paper in the toilet bowl.
– Eat with a fork and spoon.
– Stay warm.
– Wear closed toed shoes.
– Speak correct English, ooohhh!
– Walk by someone without greeting them.
– Make choices in a grocery store.
– Pay American prices for things.